Sun Pleated Copper Hoops
1 in stock
Celebrate the Beauty of YOU!
- One-of-a-Kind Piece
- Hand-Crafted With Love
- Attention to Detail & Comfort
- Free Std. Recorded Shipping
Sunstone Copper Hoop Earrings
*from the Abundance Collection
Frankly, this design decided to come up while I was in the shower (I know – too much info…) But the original inspiration may have been seeded by a story about Brigitte Bardot in Vogue. I can’t say I had a conscious thought of: “this is what I want to take from this design and I’d like to evolve it like that.” I just had to get out of the shower fast, and to a pencil and paper… well – you can see the raw sketch in the storyboard above.
Then came the decision about the type of stone I wanted to use. And seeing the design was so akin to the Sun… it was a no-brainer – I chose Sunstone. I LOVE its iridescence – it makes you happy no matter what mood you’re in.
I tried to capture some of that ‘Sun’ in the photos, but there’s nothing like seeing them move in reality. There’s no angle that sends you the same colour message – each view is a new story.
Sunstones are believed to bring confident radiance and wise, motivational presence – especially if you’re looking to help others.
For me, these earrings, bring unconditional brightness and radiance. Just like seeing the sun at any stage of the day! Sunrises, sunsets, and everything in between.
So if you want a lightness and a smile in your day, or a warmth that’s unconditional and independent of others’ moods – these will not fail you. The slightly larger size serves great for transition between day and night, smart AND casual. Multi-situational, versatile and never dull.
How does that sit with your current self-state? The jewellery you choose for yourself each day can serve you as a signal to yourself about how you want to show up that moment – for yourself but also to others. It’s a subtle but immutable and hard to ignore message of intent – and expression of you at that time.
That’s a nice tool to have at your disposal :o)
Each earring sports the power of 15 small Suns (ahem – Sunstones of course).
And their supportive orbits (i.e. the hoops) are 6.5cm in diameter.
Gemstones — Genuine Sunstone (many, small, and mighty)
Here are the most common ring sizes and their conversions across the main geographical regions.
If you don’t know the ring size you need, you could measure the circumference of your finger by using a piece of string. Wrap the string around your finger carefully without tightening or loosening it too much, and tie it in a knot. Cut the string anywhere else except on the knot. Then measure from one end of the cut to the other (across the knot). That’s your finger circumference to use to check up your size.
If you’re unsure – please contact me – I can help :o)
Your shipping is free on orders over $45. The free shipping includes worldwide tracked & signed-for standard shipping. I decided to do that just to make it simpler for your experience here.
If you would like expedited shipping via a courier, I can provide you with a separate estimate. Please email me via my contact page to let me know of your preferences.
All pieces are created with natural metals and stones, which makes them a little more vulnerable to their external environment. Please keep them away from all chemicals and acids (like perfumes, creams, or hand sanitizers – anything that you wouldn’t eat :o).
Ideally, store them in an enclosed pouch or box, as all metals react with air and water particles over time. You’ll receive your piece inside a plastic zip-lock pouch with an anti-tarnish strip inside for that reason (certainly not because it makes it attractive – sorry). If you can keep your pieces inside those – great.
But I know we have better things to do than to be super strict with storing our jewelry the right way, so when your favorites get a little less than perfect, here are a few quick & easy steps to refresh them:
- You’ll receive a shining cloth that you can use to clean your piece with, from time to time. This is great for a quick clean. Use the cloth as is – DO NOT WET it please, as it will get ‘gummy’. It will clean pretty much all types of metal with moderate tarnish. It will last a while, so keep it – it’s a good tool to have on your side.
- When cleaning your pieces – be careful – don’t be too harsh with the stones. These can move or break – so please be kind.
- Should you need to clean copper with more serious tarnish: use a salt : vinegar : water paste in roughly 1:3:3 parts ratios. Immerse the pieces (try to avoid dipping the stones for too long), and gently scrub with a toothbrush into the more intricate areas. This is a fantastic cleaner for copper – also a great party trick :o)
- To clean your gold-like brass pieces: use normal toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Coat the piece with the toothpaste gently (don’t use water yet, or maybe just a little if needed. Rub with the brush or massage in with your fingers. Wash the toothpaste off thoroughly within a minute, as the paste may start to harden, which makes it harder to get off afterward. Make sure you’ve got all the toothpaste out.