Shape-Up Pleated Asymmetrical Earrings
1 in stock
Celebrate the Beauty of YOU!
- One-of-a-Kind Piece
- Hand-Crafted With Love
- Attention to Detail & Comfort
- Free Std. Recorded Shipping
Copper & Silver Plated Carnelian Earrings
*from the Shape-Up Collection
This set almost didn’t make it to you…
Firstly because their shape is exquisite (if I may say so myself). And also because they have 2 of my favorite stones (shape and type). I had seen a shape I absolutely fell in love with in some magazine (but executed in a totally different way from this) – so I took on the challenge (that’s a superpower I practice regularly). As expected – it was very hard to secure in a perfectly curved, almost Yin-Yang curve.
The design is unusual, and the copper parts are textured with a matt-like finish – so it really showcases that natural orangey-pinky colour. They look really good on actually. Especially with the very unusual triangular Carnelian stones (my favorite stone – oh, I said that already).
Their unconventional everything renders itself to whatever you’re in the mood for. You can juxtapose them with a floaty dress on a summer outing. Or make them stand out with a clashing bright green shirt or suit. They’d even bring a bit of colour and chic to a white-based outfit. Either way, there is no other pair like that anywhere!
Apart from the straight earring being able to give someone a decent prod (but don’t worry I’ve made sure it’s safe for you), the Carnelians in these earrings are believed to bring the wearer confidence, physical vitality and empowerment to act to improve your world.
The stones I’ve used here are one of a kind in shape and colouring. I chose them to bring an opposing angularity to what is a very fluid design.
The other powerful thing to note is how there are sharp edges in both earrings, but they are satin-smooth, and very very gently finished off.
I love putting this ambiguity together. It creates a curious discomfort in the eye of the beholder… one that just has to be explained.
Need a conversation starter ;o)
How you choose to use your jewellery can bring you a lot of joy and make you intentional about how you show up in your world. So often we’re cultivated into what our environment (physical and social) needs us to be. Your jewellery can be a covert or an overt statement of YOU. Even if you’re wearing overalls at a building site – your jewellery can create a mindstate that grounds you and nourishes you. Use it like that – it’s an opportunity for fun each day!
Gemstones — Genuine Cornelian stones.
The round earring — 6.1 by 6.1cm
The long one — 10cm long by 1.5cm wide.
Here are the most common ring sizes and their conversions across the main geographical regions.
If you don’t know the ring size you need, you could measure the circumference of your finger by using a piece of string. Wrap the string around your finger carefully without tightening or loosening it too much, and tie it in a knot. Cut the string anywhere else except on the knot. Then measure from one end of the cut to the other (across the knot). That’s your finger circumference to use to check up your size.
If you’re unsure – please contact me – I can help :o)
Your shipping is free on orders over $45. The free shipping includes worldwide tracked & signed-for standard shipping. I decided to do that just to make it simpler for your experience here.
If you would like expedited shipping via a courier, I can provide you with a separate estimate. Please email me via my contact page to let me know of your preferences.
All pieces are created with natural metals and stones, which makes them a little more vulnerable to their external environment. Please keep them away from all chemicals and acids (like perfumes, creams, or hand sanitizers – anything that you wouldn’t eat :o).
Ideally, store them in an enclosed pouch or box, as all metals react with air and water particles over time. You’ll receive your piece inside a plastic zip-lock pouch with an anti-tarnish strip inside for that reason (certainly not because it makes it attractive – sorry). If you can keep your pieces inside those – great.
But I know we have better things to do than to be super strict with storing our jewelry the right way, so when your favorites get a little less than perfect, here are a few quick & easy steps to refresh them:
- You’ll receive a shining cloth that you can use to clean your piece with, from time to time. This is great for a quick clean. Use the cloth as is – DO NOT WET it please, as it will get ‘gummy’. It will clean pretty much all types of metal with moderate tarnish. It will last a while, so keep it – it’s a good tool to have on your side.
- When cleaning your pieces – be careful – don’t be too harsh with the stones. These can move or break – so please be kind.
- Should you need to clean copper with more serious tarnish: use a salt : vinegar : water paste in roughly 1:3:3 parts ratios. Immerse the pieces (try to avoid dipping the stones for too long), and gently scrub with a toothbrush into the more intricate areas. This is a fantastic cleaner for copper – also a great party trick :o)
- To clean your gold-like brass pieces: use normal toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Coat the piece with the toothpaste gently (don’t use water yet, or maybe just a little if needed. Rub with the brush or massage in with your fingers. Wash the toothpaste off thoroughly within a minute, as the paste may start to harden, which makes it harder to get off afterward. Make sure you’ve got all the toothpaste out.