Play in Pink Asymmetrical Earrings
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Celebrate the Beauty of YOU!
- One-of-a-Kind Piece
- Hand-Crafted With Love
- Attention to Detail & Comfort
- Free Std. Recorded Shipping
Copper & Corals Earrings
*from The Fool Collection
As I mentioned in the storyboard, these earrings came to me as a continuation from another set I was making at the time – a set of hoops. I like the juxtaposition of the circles with the straight up and down rigidity of the main body of the earring, and the dangling vivaciousness of the coral at the bottom.
Pink corals apparently have a super-power of bringing happy thoughts and hope to the wearer. They strengthen the feminine in you and can be good healing agents.
I am not super versed in the meaning and super-powers of semi-precious stones, but their power has been used for thousands of years, so it’s nice to know a bit about that – especially considering they come from Mother Earth :o) I love knowing that besides the feeling I get from looking at the stones – there’s something bigger than me.
These Play in Pink set made it into The Fool collection because they’re just a whole lot of fun! They are elegant, but simple and bright. This “happy couple” is asymmetrical, which also plays into the archetype of not taking yourself too seriously and always be willing to be cheeky.
I really can’t say much more that will speak to you as much as you having a proper look. If they’re for you – you’d know right away. I hope if they are the pair for you – they inspire you to show your Playful each time you see them. Let them brighten you inside and out.
Because remember – when you take up your rightful space – you give others the permission to do that too. That’s a gift you should share!
Gemstones – genuine pink, candy & red Corals.
The longer earring is 9.7cm long and about 2.8cm wide.
The ear wires on these are about 1mm thick which is a tiny bit thicker than normal. So if you have dainty ear piercings proceed with caution.
Here are the most common ring sizes and their conversions across the main geographical regions.
If you don’t know the ring size you need, you could measure the circumference of your finger by using a piece of string. Wrap the string around your finger carefully without tightening or loosening it too much, and tie it in a knot. Cut the string anywhere else except on the knot. Then measure from one end of the cut to the other (across the knot). That’s your finger circumference to use to check up your size.
If you’re unsure – please contact me – I can help :o)
Your shipping is free on orders over $45. The free shipping includes worldwide tracked & signed-for standard shipping. I decided to do that just to make it simpler for your experience here.
If you would like expedited shipping via a courier, I can provide you with a separate estimate. Please email me via my contact page to let me know of your preferences.
All pieces are created with natural metals and stones, which makes them a little more vulnerable to their external environment. Please keep them away from all chemicals and acids (like perfumes, creams, or hand sanitizers – anything that you wouldn’t eat :o).
Ideally, store them in an enclosed pouch or box, as all metals react with air and water particles over time. You’ll receive your piece inside a plastic zip-lock pouch with an anti-tarnish strip inside for that reason (certainly not because it makes it attractive – sorry). If you can keep your pieces inside those – great.
But I know we have better things to do than to be super strict with storing our jewelry the right way, so when your favorites get a little less than perfect, here are a few quick & easy steps to refresh them:
- You’ll receive a shining cloth that you can use to clean your piece with, from time to time. This is great for a quick clean. Use the cloth as is – DO NOT WET it please, as it will get ‘gummy’. It will clean pretty much all types of metal with moderate tarnish. It will last a while, so keep it – it’s a good tool to have on your side.
- When cleaning your pieces – be careful – don’t be too harsh with the stones. These can move or break – so please be kind.
- Should you need to clean copper with more serious tarnish: use a salt : vinegar : water paste in roughly 1:3:3 parts ratios. Immerse the pieces (try to avoid dipping the stones for too long), and gently scrub with a toothbrush into the more intricate areas. This is a fantastic cleaner for copper – also a great party trick :o)
- To clean your gold-like brass pieces: use normal toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Coat the piece with the toothpaste gently (don’t use water yet, or maybe just a little if needed. Rub with the brush or massage in with your fingers. Wash the toothpaste off thoroughly within a minute, as the paste may start to harden, which makes it harder to get off afterward. Make sure you’ve got all the toothpaste out.