Journey Copper Line Ring
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Celebrate the Beauty of YOU!
- One-of-a-Kind Piece
- Hand-Crafted With Love
- Attention to Detail & Comfort
- Free Std. Recorded Shipping
Adjustable Copper Ring
*from The Journey Collection
This is one of my first intentional jewellery collections. I decided on the Journey ring concept to give you a reminder to focus on the journey as opposed to the destination. It’s a philosophy as old as the world (at least since humans came about).
But just as it’s a commonly known key to a meaningful and presence-based life, it’s as easy to forget. Especially when life gets a little more intense (in a good or bad way). The human brain is mostly goal-oriented, but it’s flexible too, and will focus on what you ask it to pay attention to.
So – if by wearing one of my Journey rings you can intentionally set a reminder to stay with the journey – you will be more present. You’ll take more time to notice if you’re on the right path. So that when you get to your goal, you’ve not missed how you got there.
Because life IS a journey. No one’s ever rushed towards the end of that, right :o)
The Journey rings come in various shapes and widths. They are adjustable – so will fit most finger sizes plus or minus 2 ring sizes from the one indicated. Each ring is made from a single piece of hand-textured metal. No soldering. Which makes it a challenge, because it has to be shaped around a finger as well as maintain a graceful shape that’s kind on the eyes.
Base metal – Pure copper – nothing added.
At the base end the ring is a 7.5 US ring size. But it is adjustable to 1 size up or down from that.
Here are the most common ring sizes and their conversions across the main geographical regions.
If you don’t know the ring size you need, you could measure the circumference of your finger by using a piece of string. Wrap the string around your finger carefully without tightening or loosening it too much, and tie it in a knot. Cut the string anywhere else except on the knot. Then measure from one end of the cut to the other (across the knot). That’s your finger circumference to use to check up your size.
If you’re unsure – please contact me – I can help :o)
Your shipping is free on orders over $45. The free shipping includes worldwide tracked & signed-for standard shipping. I decided to do that just to make it simpler for your experience here.
If you would like expedited shipping via a courier, I can provide you with a separate estimate. Please email me via my contact page to let me know of your preferences.
All pieces are created with natural metals and stones, which makes them a little more vulnerable to their external environment. Please keep them away from all chemicals and acids (like perfumes, creams, or hand sanitizers – anything that you wouldn’t eat :o).
Ideally, store them in an enclosed pouch or box, as all metals react with air and water particles over time. You’ll receive your piece inside a plastic zip-lock pouch with an anti-tarnish strip inside for that reason (certainly not because it makes it attractive – sorry). If you can keep your pieces inside those – great.
But I know we have better things to do than to be super strict with storing our jewelry the right way, so when your favorites get a little less than perfect, here are a few quick & easy steps to refresh them:
- You’ll receive a shining cloth that you can use to clean your piece with, from time to time. This is great for a quick clean. Use the cloth as is – DO NOT WET it please, as it will get ‘gummy’. It will clean pretty much all types of metal with moderate tarnish. It will last a while, so keep it – it’s a good tool to have on your side.
- When cleaning your pieces – be careful – don’t be too harsh with the stones. These can move or break – so please be kind.
- Should you need to clean copper with more serious tarnish: use a salt : vinegar : water paste in roughly 1:3:3 parts ratios. Immerse the pieces (try to avoid dipping the stones for too long), and gently scrub with a toothbrush into the more intricate areas. This is a fantastic cleaner for copper – also a great party trick :o)
- To clean your gold-like brass pieces: use normal toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Coat the piece with the toothpaste gently (don’t use water yet, or maybe just a little if needed. Rub with the brush or massage in with your fingers. Wash the toothpaste off thoroughly within a minute, as the paste may start to harden, which makes it harder to get off afterward. Make sure you’ve got all the toothpaste out.