Arc Asymmetric Earrings
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Celebrate the Beauty of YOU!
- One-of-a-Kind Piece
- Hand-Crafted With Love
- Attention to Detail & Comfort
- Free Std. Recorded Shipping
Pearls, Opalites & Gold Quartz Earrings
*from the Go-Big Collection
This design evolved out of necessity (like so many good things in life). The original idea was to make 2 matching earrings, but I made the one and when I came to make the other, I realised I ran out of the base metal! The next batch was only arriving in a couple of weeks, so I got impatient (my character flaw) and decided to create them asymmetrically instead.
IMHO this worked out fab – again – just like a lot of good things in life – when you face your challenge voluntarily, you build resillience and you discover the beauty in non-conformity.
These earrings scream CONFIDENCE.
They’re bold, and elegant, AND gentle at the same time. I can see them on a variety of outfits and they’ll look different each time.
An upmarket dinner, or a night out on the dance floor – equally eye-catching and sophisticated. Especially awesome when juxtaposed with a great pair of jeans!
The stones I’ve chosen re-enforce the grace and authority these demand.
And the name? The Arc name came to me because both are not a full circle (obvious), but also because there’s something lasting and demanding about the design – and the word Arc just seems to encompass that.
Have you ever been in a situation where you just wanted to feel more visible – in an authoratitve, feminine and also sophisticated way? Or to create a message that, like an open loop, plays with observers’ minds – is she playful, feminine, serious?
Your jewellery doesn’t just have to play pretty. It can be your secret weapon for self expression. You can have intent behind what and how you wear each day. And you could be the only one that knows what you meant…
Gemstones – Small & medium freshwater Pearls, Genuine Gold Quartz, and Opalites
Big hoop — 8.5cm top to the bottom of the dangle; 5.6cm diameter of the hoop;
All pieces are created with natural metals and stones which makes them a little more vulnerable to their external environment. Please keep them away from chemicals like perfumes or hand sanitisers.
Here are the most common ring sizes and their conversions across the main geographical regions.
If you don’t know the ring size you need, you could measure the circumference of your finger by using a piece of string. Wrap the string around your finger carefully without tightening or loosening it too much, and tie it in a knot. Cut the string anywhere else except on the knot. Then measure from one end of the cut to the other (across the knot). That’s your finger circumference to use to check up your size.
If you’re unsure – please contact me – I can help :o)
Your shipping is free on orders over $45. The free shipping includes worldwide tracked & signed-for standard shipping. I decided to do that just to make it simpler for your experience here.
If you would like expedited shipping via a courier, I can provide you with a separate estimate. Please email me via my contact page to let me know of your preferences.
All pieces are created with natural metals and stones, which makes them a little more vulnerable to their external environment. Please keep them away from all chemicals and acids (like perfumes, creams, or hand sanitizers – anything that you wouldn’t eat :o).
Ideally, store them in an enclosed pouch or box, as all metals react with air and water particles over time. You’ll receive your piece inside a plastic zip-lock pouch with an anti-tarnish strip inside for that reason (certainly not because it makes it attractive – sorry). If you can keep your pieces inside those – great.
But I know we have better things to do than to be super strict with storing our jewelry the right way, so when your favorites get a little less than perfect, here are a few quick & easy steps to refresh them:
- You’ll receive a shining cloth that you can use to clean your piece with, from time to time. This is great for a quick clean. Use the cloth as is – DO NOT WET it please, as it will get ‘gummy’. It will clean pretty much all types of metal with moderate tarnish. It will last a while, so keep it – it’s a good tool to have on your side.
- When cleaning your pieces – be careful – don’t be too harsh with the stones. These can move or break – so please be kind.
- Should you need to clean copper with more serious tarnish: use a salt : vinegar : water paste in roughly 1:3:3 parts ratios. Immerse the pieces (try to avoid dipping the stones for too long), and gently scrub with a toothbrush into the more intricate areas. This is a fantastic cleaner for copper – also a great party trick :o)
- To clean your gold-like brass pieces: use normal toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Coat the piece with the toothpaste gently (don’t use water yet, or maybe just a little if needed. Rub with the brush or massage in with your fingers. Wash the toothpaste off thoroughly within a minute, as the paste may start to harden, which makes it harder to get off afterward. Make sure you’ve got all the toothpaste out.